Scrambler Therapy in Baltimore, MD
Calmare “Scrambler” Therapy is a non-invasive and pain-free approach to the treatment of acute, chronic, and post-operative pain. Unlike pain medications, our treatment does not involve side-effects or dependency. Calmare Therapy uses peripheral nerve stimulation to modify sensory signals to the spinal cord. Stimulation is achieved by applying electrode pads on the skin near the painful area and delivering low voltage current. The signals delivered via small sensory fibers deliver “no-pain” messages to the spinal cord and brain. Once the electrodes are properly placed, the patient feels no pain, as the device overrides the pain signals.
- Safe and non-invasive
- Fast and painless
- Rapid results
- Has helped thousands find relief
Scrambler Therapy treats neuropathic (nerve pain) often associated with the following conditions:
- CRPS (RSD)
- Back Pain
- Post-Surgical Neuropathic Pain
- Phantom Limb Syndrome
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Intractable Cancer Pain
- Brachial Plexus Neuropathy
- Chemotherapy Induced neuropathy (CIPN)
- Post-surgical Nerve Lesion Neuropathy
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ)
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Pudendal Neuropathy
Treatment most often consists of 10-12 sessions on consecutive days (weekends excluded), but it can be adjusted based on patient needs.
Pain reduction is usually seen during the first treatment session and lasts only for a couple of hours. With each session pain relief tends to last a few hours longer and when it increases, it is usually of a lower intensity.
Following the initial treatment series, reduced levels of pain can last from one month to one year or longer, varying from patient to patient.
Patient sits in a comfortable chair during sessions. The electrodes (similar to EKG stickers) are applied near the area of pain. The device produces a mild pin prick-like sensation, which is not painful.
- Cardiac pacemaker, spinal cord stimulator or other implanted electronic devices.
- Seizures/epilepsy or symptomatic brain metastatic cancer
- Active withdrawal from drugs or alcohol
- Orthopedic hardware (screws, plates, artificial joints) and non-conductive (titanium) implants are generally safe with Scrambler.
- Scrambler effectiveness may be reduced in patients taking anticonvulsants, ketamine, or muscle relaxants.
Initial evaluation: $200
Treatment session: $300 each
Call Us Today
Wherever you are in your life, no matter what part of the treatment journey you’re on, it’s time for you to heal. Contact Baltimore Ketamine Clinic today to get started.